Lake Buel District Board Meeting May 7, 2019
28 Seven Arts Road, Monterey
Members present: Kyle Pierce, Chris Hassett, Mark Amstead, Wayne Dolby; and Peter Hagen by phone.
Meeting was called to order by Pete Hagen at 7:01 PM.
A motion was made, seconded and so voted to approve the minutes of March 12th as prepared.
- The Board members inquired if there are any issues with hiring Mr. David Ziegler, Weed
Harvester operator. Mr. Amstead stated that Mr. Ziegler will have his insurance in place within a week, and is ready to begin work. Mr. Ziegler has a location that the harvester can be stored, but no garage. Mr. Amstead will work on drawing up a contract for Mr. Ziegler. Mr. Ziegler will start work around Memorial Day weekend depending upon if Mr. Leigh Tryon is able to put the harvester into the lake.
- Mr. Hagen mentioned that he has spoken with Mr. Mike Germain regarding on how the results of test the bacteria will be handled; Mr. Germain said that the results will be public records. Mr. Hassett asked if this testing had been done before; Mr. Hagen stated that he was told it was never done before. Mrs. Pierce mentioned that she has spoken with six other people and they said no other testing has been done. Mr. Hagen mentioned that he has spoken to DEP and they have completed testing in the lake back in 2002. Mr. Hagen will meet with Mr. Germain to follow up. It was noted that testing is only done when the public is using the lake. Mr. Dolby will speak with Kushner to see if they do lake testing. Mr. Hassett will contact Camp Half Moon and see if they do lake testing.
- Warrant Package FY20: The Board reviewed & discussed the warrant package which includes all articles so that the Board can be ready to answer any questions at the upcoming Annual Meeting.
- Mr. Chris Tryon is working on the permitting on the outlet clean out.
- Mr. Hagen mentioned that he’ll continue to work on the email list.
- Mr. Hassett will laminate the map area of the lake to keep on the harvester.
- The Board discussed purchasing oil booms. Mr. Amstead mentioned that one should be
purchased for the harvester.
A motion was made, seconded and so voted to adjourn at 7:43 PM.
Next meeting is scheduled for May 25th at United Church of Christ Meeting House, 449 Main Road, Monterey. The Board members will schedule a work meeting for May 21st at Mrs. Pierce residence.
Respectfully submitted, Kathy Chretien, Clerk
That oil boom sounds like an excellent idea